feature request: sequential operations preference

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
pillbug
I know Keka
I know Keka

feature request: sequential operations preference

Postby pillbug » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:08 pm

so, right now, keka performs multiple actions in parallel.

i would love a [√] checkbox preference (or radio buttons) to make operations sequential.

for example, i have a bunch of folders i want 7zipped individually. if i drag them all to keka, it tries to do them all at once. i'd love it if it did them one at a time.

thanks!

aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: feature request: sequential operations preference

Postby aone » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:32 am

Just created a ticket for this one: https://github.com/aonez/Keka/issues/21

Right now Keka has the ability to queue operations, but fixed at 10 operations. Will need to change this behaviour to be dynamically adjusted via GUI elements in the Preferences window.

Thanks for your feedback pillbug!
aone ~

pillbug
I know Keka
I know Keka

Postby pillbug » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:40 am

thanks, @aone.

i was thinking very similar to how the unarchiver (at least how i have it set up) only decompresses a file one at a time, even if try to open 6.

this saves on cpu (i can't tell you how many times keka has locked down my mac) and fragmentation.

PoppySeed
I know Keka
I know Keka

Postby PoppySeed » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Literally registered to request this functionality. I had been using the Unarchiver application for the last few years, but was starting to realize how slow it is at extracting compressed files. Keka is so much faster it's hilarious. However, the one thing the Unarchiver has that Keka is missing is queuing of extractions. If I have a bunch of compressed files to extract, Keka will just extract them all simultaneously, which is often slower than doing it one at a time because the drives are having to bounce back and forth between archives. Not good!

So, make that another vote for the queuing system so that only one archive gets extracted at a time from the queue!

Return to “Chat”