Trying to extract a password protected SPLIT 7z file.

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
hatrickpatrick
I know Keka
I know Keka

Trying to extract a password protected SPLIT 7z file.

Postby hatrickpatrick » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Can Keka do this?
I have a bunch of files called whatever.7z.001, whatever.7z.002 etc. It's a password protected split archive.
When I open with Keka, I am not prompted for a password, instead I end up with an extracted file ending in .7z, which refuses to open in any unzipping program.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Lotusbrod
Translator
Translator

Re: Trying to extract a password protected SPLIT 7z file.

Postby Lotusbrod » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:56 am

Keka should handle this situation with no problem but it is not clear how you are trying to extract the archive.

Sorry if I'm posting things you already know but for a split 7z archive you need to make sure all the parts are in the same folder then extract the *first* file only ie "whatever.7z.0001". Keka will prompt for a password then locate the other parts of the archive (if they are in the same folder) and complete the extraction as usual. I've just tested this on my machine and there were no problems.

aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: Trying to extract a password protected SPLIT 7z file.

Postby aone » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:38 am

You've created this file using Keka? If you're using the latest version of Keka, try to force the extraction using the Drag & Drop capabilities of Keka in the main window, dropping the file in the Extraction zone. Maybe Keka is compressing it again. Let me know.
aone ~

Return to “Chat”