Bug : Keka makes Finder crash

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
Djeross
Keka & Me
Keka & Me

Bug : Keka makes Finder crash

Postby Djeross » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi,

I have a problem with Keka. It often makes the finder completely crash.
I can't really narrow down the cause, it seems random... sometimes it will work, and all of a sudden, finder doesn't respond, and I see the beachball.
Everything else apart from finder works fine (even Keka, continuing to uncompress if it doesn't freeze at the folder selection box).
I tried uninstalling TotalFinder, doesn't change anything.

Can you please help me with this issue ? What file(s) do you need to diagnose the issue ?

I'm using 10.9.5 on a MBP 17" Late-2011.

aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: Bug : Keka makes Finder crash

Postby aone » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:02 am

Hi,

I'm mostly sure Keka can't affect Finder... You have any crash log of those crashes? You can found them in the Console.app.
aone ~

Djeross
Keka & Me
Keka & Me

Postby Djeross » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:13 pm

Hi,

I find this weird too, but I only have this problem when I use Keka... maybe some interaction with another software ?
Here is my system.log from yesterday, I narrowed it down from the beginning of Keka use, to the last crash I had. You will see many reboot, everytime because the finder was crashed.
DELETED LINK

Also, I found this Keka log : DELETED LINK

Let me know if you need anything else.

Djeross
Keka & Me
Keka & Me

Postby Djeross » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:15 pm

Hi,
Any news about this ?

aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Postby aone » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:48 am

Hi,

I can't see any information that gives me any clue...

I'm just seeing in your system.log that TotalCommander (which I don't use so I don't really know) is injecting itself into Finder, so I definetly think trying to uninstall TotalCommander and see if this solves the issue with finder will be the way to go. Also I'm seeing you're using Tuxera NTFS extension. In the past I've used NTFS-3G, the old version, and it did caused me a lot of trouble. I think Tuxera is now a paid product and I suppose more stable but anyway maybe worth taking a look. Are you by any chance using a NTFS disk with Keka?

About the hang file, is not a crash report, so Keka did not crash but your system did hang, and it does not offer me any reproducible information, sadly.

Take a look again at your console and send me a Finder crash log, if any. Send me the link via private message, I've deleted your links because they contained some private info ;) Also, for the system.log, if your Finder crashed again just send me the console lines for the minute it hang/crashed so I can focus more on that lines.

Thanks!
aone ~

Return to “Chat”