is there a way to over ride "automatic" action

Talk about Keka
Forum rules
Talk about Keka here. For bugs go to Issues.
rfulton
I know Keka
I know Keka

is there a way to over ride "automatic" action

Postby rfulton » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:29 am

I often want to drop a bunch of malware files into an encrypted archive for safe transport. Often these include zip files which Keka automatically tries to unpack. I have changed the "automatic" setting to always compress but this means that I then can not use it to ever decompress files.

What I normally do is open keka from the dock and drag the offending files,either from finder or direct from the browser. What would be nice would to be able to set the behaviour from the open app. In my case I am always encrypting so if one puts a password in then it should be safe to assume that the user want to compress no matter what the type of the file

aone
Mr. Keka
Mr. Keka

Re: is there a way to over ride "automatic" action

Postby aone » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:14 pm

Hi rfulton,

Right now you can force an operation dragging the file in the Keka window, the upper part makes the automatic (or selected in preferences) action and the bottom part makes the opposite. Did you tried that? Or you mean dropping to the Keka icon in the dock?

force_action.png

Also, so you can choose the action in the Keka dock icon, right click, but it is a permanent action, same as in Preferences.

Maybe I can change the behaviour of the dock menu setting to be only for the session, not permanent, but it may be confusing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aone ~

Return to “Chat”